Becoming a certified instructor is a great way to gain more credibility in this industry. It also affords you opportunities to attend future events where you can access continuing education classes and seminars.
For most students seeking certification to become a Recognized PBIA Instructor or Level 1 ACS Instructor, a 4-hour course is sufficient based on your current knowledge of the game and teaching experience.
An Instructor Course will include, but is not limited to:
- A 4-hour in-person or remote course dedicated to fundamentals and cue ball control and direction on teaching the information to your students.
- A video stroke analysis with suggestions on how to perform video assessments with your own students, and what to look for.
- Pool table rental (if applicable).
- Follow-up correspondence.
- Administering the Pool Terminology & Physics tests.
- Determination of qualifications and completion of necessary forms and applications.
Continuing education for Instructor Upgrades is also available for those seeking PBIA (Certified, Advanced, & Master levels) and ACS (Levels 2, 3, and 4) advancements.
Following a phone or in-person assessment, we can determine which instructor designation is best suited for your current level. I look forward to supporting you on your journey to becoming a certified instructor!